Code of Conduct
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as conference organizers pledge to making participation in our conference and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Conference organizers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Conference organizers have the right and responsibility to take action against any attendee who exhibits behavior that is not aligned to this Code of Conduct. Such action may include warnings, temporary or permanent expulsion from the venue, or any other reasonable and appropriate corrective action.
This Code of Conduct applies within the physical space and duration of the conference and any written, spoken, or other communication associated with the conference, as well as any associated activities before, during, or after the conference. Representation may be further defined and clarified by conference organizers.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the project team at email@example.com. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The conference team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Any attendee who is asked to leave the conference must do immediately and without question. Failure to do so will be immediately escalated to building security.
Conference organizers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the conference's leadership.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html